The nanotech research facility at PSGIAS consists of state-of-art equipments for nano material synthesis, characterization and fabrication. Advanced high tech infrastructure and instruments for research in the field of nanoscience and nano technology are situated at various laboratories.
The JEOL JEM 2100 High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscope (HRTEM) provides one of the best-in-class solutions to problems in diverse fields ranging from Materials Science to Biology. This microscope enables to view lattice resolution of 0.14 nm and point-to-point resolution of 0.19 nm with the following features:
- 200 kV acceleration voltage and provision to work with lower voltages according to the sample requirements.
- Gatan Orious CCD camera (2K x 2K) for image recording.
- Bright Field (BF) and Dark Field (DF) imaging,
- High Resolution Electron Microscopy (HREM),
- Selected Area Electron Diffraction (SAED),
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDS),
- Nano Beam Diffraction (NBD)
- Convergent Beam Electron Diffraction (CBED).
TEM Specimen Preparation Facility
The HRTEM facility has a full range of Gatan sample preparation equipments for TEM specimen preparation in addition to the basic facilities such as carbon and/or formware coated copper grids.
To slice the sample upto 500m
To make 3mm diameter discs from brittle samples
To get 3mm diameter discs from ductile samples
To bring the thickness of the 3mm discs upto around 80 m
The instrument is capable of performing multimode operations especially for analyzing surface characteristics with high precision and resolution. It is possible to carry out experiments in air, vacuum as well as in liquids in controlled environment. The added new generation electronics provides operations even in high-frequency modes.
AFM Imaging: Contact / Semicontact mode
In air and vacuum
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM)
- Lateral Force Microscopy (LFM)
- Phase Imaging, Force Modulation
- Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM)
- Electrostatic Force Microscopy (EFM)
- Spreading Resistance Imaging (SRI)
- Scanning Capacitance Imaging (SCI)
- Scanning Kelvin Probe Microscopy (SKM)
- Heating Stage Operations
- Adhesion Force Imaging
- AFM Nanolithography
- Nanosclerometry with AFM-Nanoindentation
- Contact AFM/LFM/Adhesion Force Imaging/Force Modulation, Phase Imaging
- AFM Nanolithography
- Electrochemical AFM/STM Imaging