- Research on organic TFT at Microelctronic Research Centre,University of Texas at
Austin: Supervisor: Prof. Ananth Dodabalapur
- Research at Nanotech Research Facility, PSGIAS since 2009
- 29 years of teaching ( Govt College of Engg, Trivandrum; Govt. College of Engineering Kannur; PESIT, Bangalore; IECCET, Greater Noida; PSGIAS,Coimbatore)
- Head of the Dept of ECE, PESIT Bangalore ( 1998 – 2003)
- Deputy chief superintendent , Bangalore University and VTU examinations at PESIT, Bangalore
- Head of the Department of ECE, IEC College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida (2004-2009)
- NBA accreditation : Institutional co-ordinator at PESIT, Bangalore, 2000-2004
- NBA: Institutional co-ordinator at IEC, Greater Noida, 2005-2009
- Controller of examinations, UPTU entrance examinations at IEC, Greater Noida, 2005-2009
- Controller of examinations, UPTU examinations at IEC, Greater Noida, 2004-2009
- Certified Internal Quality Assessor (ISO).
- Editor: PSGIAS research accomplishments 2010.
- Editor: PSGIAS research accomplishments 2011.
- Editor: PSGIAS research accomplishments 2018.
College of Engineering Trivandrum
BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
Anna University, Chennai
- Fellow IE(India)
- Member IEEE
- Life member ISTE
- Life member MRSI
- Life member ISSS
- Life member ISSE
Areas of Interest
- VLSI Design
- Embedded Systems
- Wireless sensor network
- Polymer Electronics/ Device Simulation
- Microfluidic device-based instrument for screening breast cancer using miRNA detection, PI, DST-BDTD, 2019-2021
- Design and development of Automatic pill dispenser for TB drug adherence, funded by Bill and Melinda Gate foundation. PI, 2014 – 2015 Demo
- Fabrication of PDMS based Platform / Microfluidics based MicroPCR For The Detection of Oncogenic miRNAs in Retinoblastoma Patient’s Serum funded by NPMASS, DRDO, PI, 2011 – 2014
- Development of Technology for Perching, funded by IGCAR, PI, 2010-2013
- Development of wireless sensor networking, funded by NPMASS, ADA, Co-PI, 2011 – 2014
- A novel water and thermal management technique for an air-breathing proton exchange membrane fuel cell (PEMFC) stack, Co-PI, DST -2009-2012
- “A MOLECULAR BEACON PROBE AND A METHOD FOR QUANTIFICATION OF miRNA COPY NUMBER DIRECTLY FROM BIOLOGICAL FLUID WITH MOLECULAR BEACON PROBE” under application number 3035/CHE/2015 dated 17/06/2015 in the name of VISION RESEARCH FOUNDATION and PSG INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED STUDIES.
- “System for dispensing pills” – patent number: 352931under application number 841/CHE/2015, 23rd Feb 2015 in the name of the start up “Devi electronics” and University of Cape Town.
Recent Invited Talks
- Flexible Devices and Fabrication Techniques at VIT Chennai on 8th July 2021
- Talk on Flexible electronics – Applications, Future and Challenges, at TEQIP-III sponsored FDP on “Fabrication of Electronic Devices using Nanomaterials” on 3rd September 2020, JSS Science and Technology University (SJCE), Mysuru
- Talk on Flexible Hybrid Electronics- Applications and Future” at International Virtual Conference on Wearable Technologies and Applications: Emerging Trends and Innovations – WeTA2020″ on 27th June 2020, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Talk on “Project based learning in engineering education-how to practice”, PSG-Polytechnic on 27-7-2019.
- Talk on “Nanotechnology : An Introduction”, Institution of Engineers (India), Palakkad, on 27-7-2017.
- Talk on “Process and device simulation” Research Colloquium on “Nanotechnology – Materials, Devices and Medicine”, COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING CHERTHALA, Sponsored by TEQIP II on 24-3-2017.
- Talk on “Project based learning in engineering education”, PSG-CARE on 22-3-2018
- Synthesis and optimization of digital circuits
- Nano Computing
- Polymer Electronics
- Nanoscale materials and devices
- VLSI Design
Recipient of Bill and Melinda Gates foundation award for GCTBC-2014: Development of Pill dispenser for TB drug adherence
Innovation award for “Innovating to improve lives: IT solution” at International Knowledge millennium conference
Innovation award for “Spreading innovation spirit : Medical devices” at International Knowledge millennium conference
Best M.E project award of Dept. of Mechanical Engineering on DEVELOPMENT OF TECHNOLOGY FOR PERCHING ROBOT
by Mr. Sakthivel R, 2011